Android Email setup guide on ISPManager
Posted by Cinu Varghese on 12 October 2016 03:03 PM
The Mail service on the new servers is current and there are differences that need to be taken into consideration once the new server is live.
Our recommendation is to setup a complete new email account on the Phone since updating the old email configuration may not work properly.
Add the new email address using either IMAP or POP. If you connect multiple devices / computers to an email account, IMAP is recommended since it will sync data with the server. It may be necessary to check with the IT person or your carrier in case there is a restriction for any of these protocols. Here are instructions on how to add the email account under Android Devices.
1. On your Android device go to settings and under Accounts look for “Add account”
2. On Next screen select IMAP:
3. Enter your Email address and password and touch over Next:
4. Fill in the form with the information provided by the Technical Support department. Make sure to set security to none, port to 143 and that username is the full email address, use the server name provided and the password for the account. Then, click on Next.
5. Enter your SMTP information, make sure security is set to none, port is set to 25 or 587 in case 25 is blocked, username will be the full email address, server would be the same as incoming server. Then, click on Next:
6 It will validate your information and will try to sign into the server:
7. Setup a description and what name you would like outgoing mails to show and click Next:
With this you have completed the setup of a new email account on your Android
If you get any problem, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org