Strategic Systems Consulting, Inc. "eApps" Web Hosting Services (the "Service") consists of computing and information services and software, information and other content provided by Strategic Systems Consulting, Inc. ("EAPPS"). In addition, third parties provide information, software, and other content (collectively, "Third Party Content") which may be accessed over the Service. These Operating Rules are provided to make on-line information usage and communications a positive and secure experience for subscribers.
These Operating Rules are part of the terms of your Hosting Agreement with EAPPS and you are bound by them. EAPPS may modify these rules at any time by publishing the modified rule(s) over the Service and posting an announcement in the on-line eApps support center at http://support.eapps.com.
- Copyrighted Material: Copyrighted material must not be placed on the Service without the permission of the applicable owner(s) or authorized person(s). Only with the express permission of the the owner(s) or such authorized person(s) may you up-load copyrighted material to the Service. You may download copyrighted material for your own use. Except as expressly provided by copyright law, copying, redistribution, or publication must be with the express permission of EAPPS and the owner(s) or such authorized person(s), if other than EAPPS. Permission must be specified in the document, on the Service, or must be obtained directly form EAPPS and the owner(s) or such authorized person(s), if other than EAPPS. In any copying, redistribution, or publication of copyrighted material, any changes to or deletion of author attribution or copyrighted notice are prohibited.
- Content and Use of the Service: You agree not to publish on or over the Service any information, software or other content which violates or infringes upon the legal rights of others, is pornographic, allows others to engage in gambling, or which has a significant intent of defaming or maligning an individual or organization. You agree not to use the facilities and capabilities of the Service to conduct any business or activity or solicit the performance of any activity which is prohibited by law or to solicit eApps subscribers to become subscribers of other competing hosting services. You may not use the service to transmit unsolicited email messages or other communications that can be classified as SPAM. You may not use the service to attack or disrupt other web sites or users of the Internet. You are not permitted to use the service to engage in any illegal activity whatsoever.
- Prohibited Scripts and Programs - eApps does not permit customers to use scripts or programs that are known to contribute to excessive server load, bandwidth consumption, and/or are commonly used by hackers/spammers/criminals. A list of these scripts and programs includes, but is not limited to the following: IRC, traffic bots such as HitLeap, proxy servers, mail bombers (such as PowerMTA, Interspire, Mail bomber, SendBlaster, etc), anonymous mailers, IP spoofers, port scanners, Spamdexing, anonymous harvesting and/or mining. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions about the use of specific scripts or software programs.
- Activities Impacting the Use of the Service: In the event that your use of the Service compromises the stability or performance of the Service which impacts other users, your account is subject to immediate suspension or termination.
- Sustained Data Transfer Limits - Customers that consume a high sustained rate of data transfer are required to a) increase their purchased port speed to a sufficient level, b) use the 95th percentile billing method or c) obtain a dedicated data circuit. Customers that meet a test for high data transfer, as defined in this clause, for any service will be required to take immediate action to select one of the above defined remedies for the high data transfer usage. Customers that do not take immediate action when requested are subject to immediate suspension of service. For purposes of this clause, a High Sustained Data Transfer Rate violation occurs when on any three (3) calendar days with in any thirty (30) day period the customer has four (4) or more one hour periods of High Sustained Data Transfer. The data transfer rate is determined by measuring the actual combined inbound and outbound data transfer rate each five (5) minutes. If each of the measurements within any one (1) hour period exceed 33% of the customer’s Port Speed, then that hour is determined to be in violation. If there are four (4) or more hours within a calendar day that are in violation, then that day will be considered to be in violation.
- Mass Mailing - Customers of the Enterprise Email service, featuring Zimbra, are prohibited from sending mass emails from the service. This service limits the number of outbound messages per user per day. The eApps Sales department can assist Enterprise Email service customers with their mass mailing needs. Customers of the VPS and Virtual Machine in the Cloud services are are allowed to send mass mailings provided that these mailings are not considered to be Spam, do not cause operational problems with any aspect of the eApps hosting services, and are incidental to their use of the service for their web presence. Servers that are used for the express purpose of sending mail mailings is not permitted.
- Definition of Spam - eApps does not permit Spam emails to be sent from the Service. eApps is not the judge and jury of what constitutes Spam. If a customer's IP is blacklisted by an external mail service, and/or multiple Spam complaints are sent to eApps about a customer's sent mail, then that Customer's mail is considered to be Spam by eApps.